Software architect is responsible for architecting, designing, and maintaining the next generation cloud native data processing platform and services. Position will own and grow the core data processing solution architecture that processes high volume transactions for top profile customers in a multi-tenant environment. Position will drive adherence to standards, processes and policies and create architecture documentation. Play a leadership role in defining and maintaining the architecture of services, applications, and external integrations. This includes working effectively across technical domains, with Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure, and other technical leads. The role will focus on the architecture and development of paymenthub front-end applications, data processing services, as well as interaction between enterprise level common components. The technical skills will focus on cloud, front-end, back-end and data technologies.Senior software architect will work hands-on with development leads, infrastructure architect, stakeholder, and customer to deliver the best-in-class solution and system architectures.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Actively design and implement significant and complex payment system on a day-to-day basis.
- Own system qualities – reliability, scalability, maintainability, testability, and observability
- Ensure application architecture follows data security standards and policies
- Architect the solution in payment processing platform to support multi-tenant, high volume data
- Guide engineers at both application and infrastructure level to deliver reliable, scalable, and maintainable service/platform
- Maintain the system and data integrity across business domain
- Formulate, present, and conduct routinely architecture review at both system and application levels
- Develop conceptual and detailed architecture designs for business/engineering initiatives and conduct design review with management and development teams
- Give directions and recommendations on integrations with client systems.
- Design system architectures with good UX, scalability, security and supportability that are cost efficient
- Author detailed design and tech documentation for internal and external audience
- Actively coach, mentor and provide tech and thoughts leadership, support to engineers at all levels
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions when needed
- Conduct code reviews and mentor/direct engineers as needed
- Provide training for developers and support teams on newly implemented coding techniques and application frameworks including promoting best practices
- Make recommendations about platform and technology adoption, include frameworks, languages, and DevOps tooling
- Act as emergency support team as needed
- Identify opportunities that are business-critical and with org-to-company level impact.
- Identify key success metrics and only focus on components on a critical path
- Abstract common issues from the products and fix the common infrastructure proactively
- Constantly influence the org’s engineering culture, be an exemplar of engineer culture
- Help to recruit senior engineer and managers
- Assess the new products or technologies in the industry
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the transactions and data-intensive solutions
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record delivering and iterating products in a fast-paced enterprise environment
- Strong value thinking and ability to work with business leaders at all levels
- Review and critic engineering design and architecture decisions
- A leader who can frame solutions with long-term goals balancing short-term deliverables
- Strong background in microservice architecture development in cloud environment
- Work effectively on multiple project/solution architectures simultaneously of varied scale and complexity
- Thorough knowledge of current software design and development methodologies, processes, best industry practices, and techniques.
- Ability to dive deep and find gaps that need to be addressed; and effectively identify, evaluate, and recommend the best available solution to customer/system problems
- Strong bias for action
- An independent and curious thinker who can make convincing, information-based arguments and will never stop learning about product/solution domain and areas of complexity
- Exhibit excellent judgment and decision capacity
- Prior hands-on software development experience
- Strong hands-on skills in Java, Node.js
- Finance industry experience
- Data (Transaction) intensive application (SaaS) experience
- In-depth hands-on cloud technology (AWS) experience
- Knowledge in security domain: OAuth, SSO, Data security
- Compliance/Regulatory experience
- Familiarity with technical security controls, guidelines, and frameworks outlined by standards such as SOC2, PCI, HIPPA, ISO, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Expert understanding of secured software development lifecycle, technologies, and practice
- Strong hands-on experience designing and architecting secure native cloud SaaS applications
- Strong project experience and hands-on knowledge of web/application-layer security and attack vectors
- Thinking and communicating about the near and mid-term challenges in domain and platform
- Reducing complexity in projects, services, systems, and processes at domain and system level
- Understand code-level issues and promote secure coding practices for one or more languages like Java, Node.js, and SQL
- Expert knowledge of application and data security design pattern, coding, and testing technologies
- Knowledge of threat modeling, static application security testing and dynamic application security testing.
- Lead security code review and provide security guidance to colleagues
- Participate in security audit, assessment, provide mitigation proposals, lead solution implementation
- Ability to manage vendor relationships when needed
- Participate in setting the direction for the team, like new road mapping
- Ability to explain technology and solution concepts to non-technical audiences
- Spot the pain point of the system/product/org and propose solutions with a clear deliverable and milestones
- Excellent communicator, in both oral and written form
- Recruit and onboard senior team member
Starting base salary: $144,080 - $187,170 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.