WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Own delivery of product features and enhancements within Agile product teams
- Exhibit a complete mastery of the Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies, and/or a complete mastery of a given product area or industry (Film and TV, Music Royalties, Insurance, etc)
- Run Agile Scrum team independently, clarify the “what” and the “why” for the scrum team
- Write user centered stories to clearly define user needs and requirements
- Team with engineering to refine acceptance criteria and negotiate delivery
- Define feature roadmaps and own product roadmap for a feature or product (and be the subject matter expert and ‘go to’ person for the owned scope)
- Define business objectives and customer needs, and demonstrate and understanding of the customer benefit your product provides and the specific customer problems it is solving
- Refine and prioritize stories, tasks, epics and features in the backlog
- Prioritize build efforts and manage customer and stakeholder expectations
- Conduct competitive analysis, market research, and data driven analysis to define pain points and market opportunities
- Perform quality assurance and controls on products
- Track product and feature performance and user feedback, and tie product metrics to business goals
- Create support articles and training materials for internal and external users
- Effectively speak to basic product concepts and communicate product performance and initiative status to the team, peers and manager
- Write release notes and communicate product status, enhancements and issues to all relevant stakeholders
- Clearly prove that you can communicate and collaborate positively and effectively with others, and lead the team through times when the path forward is not known or straightforward.
- Provide accurate and clear answers, based on well-informed data, when consulted for advice on product function, process, risks, etc.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in a market facing Product Management role.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience working as a Product Owner in Agile Scrum.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in one or more areas: Music industry, Insurance, Film/TV, Oil and Gas, Payments/FinTech, Business Intelligence, SaaS Enterprise software platform, Application Programming Interface (“API’s”) and/or Platform as a Service (“PaaS”).
- Strong Market knowledge or Technical background preferred.
- An understanding of product management and Agile product development.
- A passion and empathy for the user and customer.
- Ability to identify issues and needs, recommend solutions for opportunities, and diligently pursue a plan.
- Ability to recognize changing needs adapt a plan when appropriate.
- Natural leadership instincts with a positive team building approach.
- Ability to successfully team with engineers and foster a positive, empowering environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.