This position will oversee all Finance department systems and is responsible for maintaining, managing, documenting and improving all stand-alone accounting systems and the processes they support. Accountabilities include ensuring data quality, operating efficiency, cost containment where applicable and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Maintain and document the knowledge base of systems interactions, dependencies and impacts.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank’s financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Calculate and process monthly customer invoices for approvals and upload to accounting system
- Create monthly revenue and KPI reports
- Surveil A/R aging report and conduct follow-up for past due invoices
- Research and respond to CNB accounting, customer and vendor inquiries regarding billing/payments
- Analyze customer contract terms for renewals and/or pricing changes with regards to services provided
- Build ad-hoc reports and provide analysis
- Provide consultation, client deliveries and proof-of-concept presentations to music labels, publishers and tech platform customers for RAI music metadata service
- Act as liaison between Ops, Sales and customers with regards to RAI client needs
- Maintain data integrity between invoicing, accounting, customer success and sales software platforms
- Support Compliance and Audit requirements related to new customer screening/verification
- Approve client financial transactions at downstream payment processers
- Offer additional support as needed to Customer Success and Finance executive team
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Accounting or related financial services area.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with finance or accounting systems required
- Minimum five years functional experience working with accounting related databases and applications such as general ledger, accounts payable and investment accounting.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to develop / run queries, create reports / presentations and provide system analysis.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Functional experience in accounting related processes such as general ledger reporting, payroll and accounts payable processing, investment accounting and financial reporting.
- Proven analytical skills and a current awareness of market based accounting technology.
- Excellent project management and organization skills required.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to provide proactive client service when required.
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.