This is a hands-on role and requires software development experience. The Cloud Architect is responsible and accountable for providing hands-on guidance and oversight for the Exactuals Music applications and infrastructure cloud strategy. This role is responsible for ongoing development of cloud architectures, standards and best practices to provide solution architectures for all cloud portfolio applications. This role will also act as the SRE (Site Reliability Engineer), cloud disaster recovery lead and responsible for Exactuals Music’s assets management. This individual will also hire and build out the team as the Music products grows and scales. Deliver cloud solutions using AWS (Primary), Azure, and other public cloud services. As a key member of the cloud automation and cloud enablement team you will ensure successful build, deploy, security, cloud application development and maintenance services of cloud assets and solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Educate business and technology stakeholders on value propositions of cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture teams and work as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the technology community.
- Lead/support implementation of cloud environments and agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration, and test of software applications, and infrastructure.
- Ensures compliance of engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and anticipate future direction of cloud application services, infrastructure, and cloud computing to innovate business solutions.
- Coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing cloud solutions.
- Serve as cloud SME for senior business and technology stakeholders.
- Work closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in the cloud environment.
- Partners with engineering delivery teams to research, design and implement the appropriate technology needed to support the application portfolio.
- Partnership with the application architecture, network, and security engineering team to ensure infrastructure architectural principles.
- Ensures compliance of architectural and engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Mentor other members of the Engineering and cloud engineering team.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 years of software development experience.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience using modern languages (C#, Java, Python).
- Minimum of 12 year experience with databases and data modeling / design (SQL and NoSQL).
- Minimum of 10 year experience mentoring software engineers.
Skills and Knowledge
Starting base salary: $144,080 - $187,170 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.